Monday, August 17, 2009

Signs of the Times

Janet Oliver

2221 Dogwood Drive

Erie, CO 80516

August 17, 2009

DFS Customer Care/Terms Change

P. O. Box 81567

Austin, Texas 78708-1567

Re: Account # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Gentlemen:

I received a letter today from CIT Bank, c/o Dell Financial Services, to the effect that the Standard and Default Annual Percentage Rate on my account is being raised to Prime + 20.24% and Prime + 24.74%, constituting an increase of 8% and 12%, respectively, for an average of 10% annually.

The outstanding balance on my account today is $4,357.68, which would mean I would pay out approximately $435.00 more over the coming 12 months. This is entirely unacceptable, and I hereby Reject those changes to my account. I have already placed a phone call to Dell Financial Services to request that my account be closed. This letter is a follow up to that phone call.

As a long-standing and very loyal Dell customer, I would like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at this action by Dell Financial Services, and CIT Bank. Since 1992, I and my family have purchased only Dell products, the most recent purchase being a netbook which I bought from Best Buy for my sons to take with them on an overseas trip. While at the store, I had every opportunity to choose another brand, such as HP, but I didn’t. I maintained my loyalty to Dell.

You should also know that a portion of the balance on my account is there because I bought a Dell computer for my mother-in-law for her birthday a few years ago. She was extremely surprised and very happy with the gift.

In addition, as a newly unhappy Dell customer, I think it important for you to know that it was not a good idea for CIT Bank to try to increase their cash income by the use of this tactic. But I suppose the $2.33 Billion the Federal Reserve gave them from the Troubled Asset Relief Program didn’t quite add up, so they have resorted to pilfering from Dell. For shame.

The good news is that my younger son just made his own computer. It’s bigger, better, faster, and cheaper than anything we have ever purchased from Dell. In the future, should any member of my family wish to upgrade, we know who to ask.

Regards,

Janet Oliver

No comments: